Sunday, August 10, 2008

Family Support



My brother Todd had orange wristbands made that read "FCML" (you can guess what the "F" stands for). Each person in my family is wearing one for me.

In the photo (starting from the chubby leg and moving clockwise) are my nephew Cole, my dad, my brother Todd, my brother Ryan, my mom, Cancer Dog, myself, my wife Wendy and my sister-in-law Ellen.

We visited my family this weekend because, well, I just wanted to be close to my family. On the drive up Thursday evening I was very sick. I tried Dramamine as a nausea remedy but it put me to sleep in about 20 minutes, so I'm not sure whether or not it worked. The bone pain was back on Saturday and I took 3 Advil. It helped but made me so sick I spent the rest of the evening on the couch sucking Jolly Ranchers.

I've received several sympathy cards in the mail from my family and a few friends of family (including my pre-school teacher, you have to love growing up in a small town...). It's comforting knowing that people are thinking about me and I can't express how much a simple gesture such as a card means to Wendy and I.

No comments: