Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ugh

I've been on the couch for three days now. I was supposed to work Friday but was too tired and had vertigo pretty bad. Saturday was worse. I had the spins and couldn't stand upright for more than a few minutes. Today was worse still. I was lightheaded, had vertigo and felt very weak.

Yesterday I tried Dramamine a couple times. The vertigo and "light head" feel a lot like car sickness. I think it helped some. The downside is Dramamine still makes the fatigue a lot worse.

I'm pretty sure that I was dehydrated today. Thinking back to yesterday I used the restroom about 10-15 times, 3 times just last night. Today was about the same. It's only 7pm and I think I've peed about 8 times. I drank three glasses of water and feel quite a bit better now.

I'm hoping that the vertigo and "light head" go away over the next couple of months. I'm hesitant to drive unless I'm having a really good day, and so far those don't happen very often. Wendy goes back to work tomorrow which means my beautiful chauffeur won't be available any more. I'm a little bummed about that. At least all the time I've been spending on the couch since this started hasn't been alone. If I see one more "Law & Order" rerun, I may scream....

No comments: